“Oh cool, you’re going to KL … are you flying into KLIA or KL LCCT, if KLIA, you should take the KLIA Ekspres to Sentral from there, take a taxi to KLCC?” It almost seems abbreviations have their origin in Malaysia’s capital, Kuala Lumpur or, err, KL.
Well, let me introduce you to the secret language of KL:
- KL = Kuala Lumpur (surprise, surprise)
- KLIA = Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- KLIA Ekspres = the name of the express train that runs from the airport to the city centre
- LCCT = Low Cost Carrier Terminal (we will address this again shortly)
- KLCC = Kuala Lumpur City Centre or the spot where you find the famous Petronas Twin Towers