Going to the airport can truly be one of the most time-consuming, hectic parts of any trip. However, with a little advanced preparation and a few simple tips, getting through the airport can be a breeze. Use the following tips to have an efficient, stress-free airport experience.
Efficient Packing – How you pack is extremely important and can save you time and money.
- Follow the most current TSA guidelines to avoid having to go through extra security checks or throw away items that are not allowed.
- Abide by the 3-1-1 carry-on liquid rule:
3 — 3.4-ounce containers or less
1 — Quart-sized plastic-zip bag
1 — One bag per person
- Pack all liquids and toiletries in a separate, plastic bag. Always place this bag in a security bin to avoid having to go through extra security checks.
- Pack as lightly as possible to avoid baggage fees. Weigh your bags ahead of time to be sure they are not over the allowed weight limit.
- Invest in luggage that is lightweight, durable, and easy to maneuver through the airport. When looking for luggage to use as a carry-on, check that it meets the carry-on size guidelines.
- Clearly mark your luggage with your name and contact information in case it gets misplaced.
- Remember that laptops need to be placed in separate security trays. Pack them so that they can be easily removed when going through security.
- Put your ID, credit card, and boarding pass in an easily accessible part of your wallet or bag.
Research your airport parking options ahead of time and make reservations as soon as possible. Look for parking that is affordable, convenient, and safe.
Dress for Success
Remember that items such as jackets, belts, watches, other metal jewelry, scarves, and shoes must be removed when going through security. To make this process easier, wear items that are easy to remove, comfortable, and metal-free.
Check In Online
Most airlines allow you to pre-print your boarding pass and pick your seating when you check in online. Checking in online especially saves you time if you aren’t checking a bag by allowing you to bypass the ticket counter entirely.
Check Your Flight Status
This is a critical step that many travelers forget to do. Sign up to get notifications from the airline sent to your email or phone so that you are alerted about any delays in advance and can make any necessary adjustments
These travel tips are provided by The Parking Spot, the leading airport parking in the United States with an array of amenities that make airport parking more enjoyable. From LAX Parking to Newark Airport Parking, book your airport parking reservations easily for your next trip.